Monday, July 6, 2009

Post July 4th and Peach Cobbler

We had a lot of fun at park last Saturday. Eveything went well except for one thing. I wanted to make a peach cobbler but I couldn't. I thought that the ice cream would be hard to keep frozen and decided not to. I had been keep thinking about the peach cobbler all day Sunday, even during church. I know, I should have been more focused.

I was too tired to cook dinner after church (besides, we had tons of leftovers),but I was not tired to bake a peach cobbler! This recipe is super easy, quick and yummy. Several of my friends asked for the recipe, so here goes:

Easy Peach Cobbler (makes 6 servings)

you will need;

1 16oz can of sliced peaches undrained
1 cup flour
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 cup Milk
2 tsp baking Powder
1/8 tsp salt
1 stick butter

1. In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, cook peaches until boiling.

2. In a medium bowl mix flour, 1 C sugar, milk, baking powder and salt.


3. In a 2 quart casserole dish, melt butter.

4. Pour batter over butter.



5. Add peaches, do not stir.


6. Sprinkle remaining sugar over entire casserole.


7. Bake at 400°F for 20-30 min.

8. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream or both...


I tried this recipe with fresh peaches once and it was even better.(it was more work, but if you want try it, I highly recommend it.)

After we had leftovers for dinner, we enjoyed the peach cobbler. Mmmmm... I was satisfied.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin