Thursday, February 18, 2010

After Pay It Forward Post


Wow, ladies, You are amazing! My last post "Pay It Forward", received many comments and emails. I wanted to share a good story that touched me that night, but I realized that by sharing that story, I received more from you guys. I read all your comments and emails... some of you were recipients of kindness, some of you shared how you made someone's day a little brighter. They were all wonderful stories!!

It is so wonderful to know that there are so many nice people out there looking out for others. Those who shared your stories, Thank you so much! If you haven't had a chance to read the comments, I highly recommend you do so. They are sure to brighten up your day. :)

There is someone I want to highlight who is already doing Pay it Forward acts. Alida L. needs your help making a fabric covered journal for people who lost their husbands at war. She said that keeping a journal while going through tough times will help broken hearts. She posted a wonderful tutorial on how to make a beautiul journal by using a plain notebook and some fabrics (inexpensive too!).

If you want to do something and don't know what to do, please go here and find out why she started doing this. It is a very moving story.

I have been doing small things here and there... I love to be nice to others. Although as a mom I have another motive too. I really hope that I can be a good example for my children.

I thought I would have a slow week this week. BOY, WAS I WRONG!!! I have been so busy with so many things and needless to say, my progress on my projects is s l o w. I am posting something fun tomorrow night, so don't miss out on it!

2 comments :

  1. Sachiko,
    i popped over to the other site you linked. what a moving story. my hubs was in the marines for many years and i am blessed to still have him.
    i will be emailing your friend. i have tons of fabric in the stash and can certainly make a few.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend Carrie shared a pif story in RS a few weeks ago. When she was a poor student she went to the grocery store and carefully figured out what she could afford with the little cash she had. When she went to the checkout, she didn't have enough because she miscalculated how much the grapes she bought cost. So, she told the checkout lady she'd just put back the grapes. The lady behind her said- put it on my bill- you deserve those grapes! She burst into tears and thanked the lady and never forgot her kindness.
    Fast forward- she was home for this past Christmas. A man was in the grocery line ahead of her buying some medicine. He didn't have enough to get it, so she said to put it on her bill. The man thanked her through HIS tears. When she told the story the whole room was bawling! A great reminder of how simple acts can make a difference in someone's life forever!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin