Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Sewing Room Progress

I am feeling so giddy, Why? I am getting so close to being done organizing my sewing room! I will share a little bit of the progress in pictures today...

It sounds ridiculous, but it took me a while to do this. I really wanted the colors to be harmonious. Trying to figure out which color to put where was hard!

Oh, have you noticed a couple missing spools on the bottom??? They are in use for my project right now and I will be ready to share that at the end of this month(grin).

The desk space is mostly for designing. I am super excited that I can use the desk as a desk now, and not another flat surface to put stuff on!

Then, fabrics... I am almost done organizing. All the larger pieces are done, and I am trying to decide how to organize the smaller pieces and scraps. After asking a few people how they organize their scraps, I think I have decided to organized them by color. I have a small hill of scraps, I will see how that goes. How do you organize your scraps? Let me know if you have any good ideas, I am all ears!


As I mentioned, I am making something right now to share this weekend. Watching me working on the project, Mr.TRH said, "It's so good to see you back in to sewing." What a sweet hubby... I was having so much fun playing with the fabric. It's been so long and I craved it. I guess it showed how much I enjoyed being in front of the sewing machine. I have several things planned for my future projects, I am almost back in the game!

6 comments :

  1. your happiness and enthusiasm comes through loud and clear. it was lovely strolling around your sewing room. I am always so glad to see your letter pop up in my inbox and know I will be quite happy to see your project this week end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is soooo lovely!!!
    And I understand you about organizing by colors.... It happens to me too, with my washi tapes... And I have only a few... :-)

    http://teconlimonycanela.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My scrap organising system consists of them being shoved in some plastic drawers, never to be seen again :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen fabric stored on mini bolts. I get tired of ironing so I'm thinking this might be a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks so neat - a perfect room for inspiration to settle in! I would also organize the fabric by type just because I've got lots of different types of scraps for fabric flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! I wish my sewing room could be this organized, but it is a sewing/studying/guest room so I'm not sure it will ever be this pristine. Beautiful room!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin