Saturday, September 20, 2014

Shoes Refashion ~ $4 Shoes to Two Tone Beauties

Psst... I have been sewing something lately and it is done, but I can't reveal what it is until a couple months from now... Just a little teaser here, hehehe.

In the meantime, I just painted another pair of shoes I found at a thrift store.

Here is how they look before...

Then after...

If you have been reading my blog for a while, it is no secret that I love thrift stores and garage sales. I love finding things for cheap and giving them a second life by fix them up and adding my personality to them. There is one thing I hardly ever buy... shoes.

There is something about shoes that I usually stay away from. If I decided to buy, it has to look brand new or very close to brand new. On top of that it has to be the right size, right style, right height (with my prosthetic it has to have a heel 1 1/2" or less), what are the odds of finding a pair that qualify based on those standards???

I was at a thrift store the other day, and found such shoes, can you believe it?

When I first looked at them, I thought "!!!!!".

Then when I took a second look I thought "It looks a little granny-ish..."

It wasn't until the third glance that I saw the potential.

I have been wanting to have two tone shoes, I decided that these shoes are a perfect candidate for them!

In the picture, the main part looks more like light beige, but it is actually light gray. I went back and forth if I should do gray + peachy orange or gray + mint green. When I looked in my closet, I noticed that I have some mint green clothes... I decided to go with that. After I painted them with gray + mint green, I felt like still there was something missing. After thinking it over for sometime, I decided to add a line of gold. Than I thought "YES!".
I love how my $4 thrift store find turned out. I can wear them with casual outfits like this, or with something more dressy. I am looking forward to enjoying them for a while. :)

Special note: Big thanks to Mr.TRH for taking picture of me before our date night. XOXO



8 comments :

  1. Those look very cute! How fun to be able to find shoes to make over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the shoes refashion queen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site. Your web log isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too. There tend to be not many people who can certainly write not so simple posts that artistically. Continue the nice writing
    casual leather shoes

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin